Sunday, November 7, 2010

PUPPP

UGH! So here we are 13.5 weeks along and I have what is called PUPPP... a rash that is typical in the 3rd trimester, and it only goes away when you give birth, if you're lucky... Its basically like poison oak all over your body - you scratch it and it spreads. Not very fun during this time. The doctors have yet to figure out any good cures and I have tried many home remedies such as pine tar soap, vinegar, teas and medicated lotions.... Most days are good, its the nights that kill me. Pretty soon I will be sleeping outside where it is 30 degrees - nice and cold... Here's hoping for a cure soon!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not giving up hope that we will get to the bottom of this and at least make it more bearable. Maybe the Alkaline Diet is a start or at least a help. Bryan may have to get started on that igloo. Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa!!
    Tony has an anti itch liquid soap for the bath. I know Aveeno makes several oatmeal anti-itch products. Would your doc allow prescription strength cortizone cream. If so, I have some for my eczema and would be happy to share a tube with you.
    Love,
    Aunty Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aunty
    Tried the Rx strength and that made it worse... :-( so pine tar soap, vinegar and Sarna lotion will be my friend for a bit.
    I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete